Skip to main content

A Speedy Doctors Appointment

We had the fastest doctors appointment in history on Monday. It was so fast, Kyle almost didn't make it in time for it! But, he got there thankfully just in the nick of time.
This appointment was pretty uneventful. They just checked my weight, blood pressure, and urine, and then we got to hear our baby's beautiful heartbeat again. This time it didn't take any time at all to hear it. It was 170 beats per minute again--same as last time. Once I commented on the fact that it was the same, it dropped to 164. The doctor laughed and said it was listening to me.
We were really excited about this appointment because we got to schedule our ultrasound. We will know if we are having a boy or a girl on May 20th! We are both so excited we can't stand it! Kyle just knows it will be a boy, I on the other hand haven't said what I think it will be because I just don't know. However, I am getting convinced it may be a boy since everyone else is just so sure of it. Either way, we are just praying for a healthy baby.
Stay tuned to find out how we tell our family the gender and find out the special way we tell them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adley's Birth Story

I have been a little overloaded in life and let our blog go to the back burner!  But, I must write about sweet Adley's birth story just like I did with Ava and Anniston :) On June 8, after a sleepless night, Kyle and I got up and got ready to head to the hospital to meet our third precious girl.  To say I was nervous would be the biggest understatement ever.  Even though I had gone through 2 csections before, it didn't mean I wasn't scared and nervous....it's a big, scary surgery!  Mostly I was just afraid of the needle.... We arrived at the hospital, checked in, and started getting prepped for surgery.  First came the beautiful gown (I was so happy it wasn't the paper/plastic gown like I had with Anniston...I sweat to death in that gown), then came blood work and the IV, which I was not excited about....I hate needles.  And then the VERY worst part started.  Waiting.  Waiting for the magical hour of 7:30 am.  It took forever.  I was...

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

The Week is Here!

We can't believe this is the week we will see our daughter. Some of you may be thinking, "What? How do you know? Your due date isn't even until next week!" Well, let me update those of you who may be thinking this. Last week, on Wednesday, we went to the doctor, hoping and praying that my body would be showing some progress towards having a baby. The doctor checked and informed us that the baby is still kinda high, and that I'm not 1 cm dilated, but I'm not 0 cm either. So she told us it was time to make a plan. Here's what she came up with. She said that if I am dilated 2-3 cm by this Wednesday, then she'll send me over to the hospital right then and start inducing me. But, if I'm not 2-3 cm then the following day, Thursday, she would do a c-section. She knew we were going to be on Fall Break and that we'd love to spend a couple of free extra days off with Ava so she said we could do it this week. She's going out of town on Fri...