Skip to main content

The Family Now Knows!




This has been a great week for us. We told my mom, Grant, Mandy, and Sarah on Wednesday night after small group. Mom was totally surprised and excited. Sarah was excited too! Mandy said she guessed it so she wasn’t that surprised. Mom couldn’t wait to tell her mom, so we all loaded into Grant’s CRV and drove over to Granny’s. They were really excited as well. We were so glad we could tell that news with part of our family. The next night we were going to tell Kyle’s mom and sister, Katie. They were ecstatic!
Now that we have told some of our family, this pregnancy seems to becoming more of a reality every day. Now I can talk with my mom and Kyle’s mom about what I am experiencing and it is awesome to not have to keep this a secret from them anymore.
My sister, Mandy (Amanda to everyone else but family), asked if I wanted to go to a big sale at a consignment store yesterday. I said yes just to have something to do knowing that I wouldn’t buy anything because I am already starting to get a belly. However, they had a whole maternity rack. Mandy picked out an armful of clothes for me to try on. We found several winners-2 pair of dress capris, a cute blue GAP top, a pair of jeans, and an adorable dress. I can not wait to wear them! Who knew that you could buy such cute maternity clothes at a consignment shop? Not me! But I am sure glad she took me.
Mandy has made her prediction that our baby is going to be a boy. Kyle thinks the baby will be a boy too. I have no idea what to guess. But lots of people say it’s a boy. Except Kyle’s sister-she guesses a puppy!
I am so excited and can’t wait to tell the rest of our family. It is so hard to keep secrets! We are thinking about telling our dads this week.
I am so thankful that God has blessed us with this baby. I have never been so happy in all of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adley's Birth Story

I have been a little overloaded in life and let our blog go to the back burner!  But, I must write about sweet Adley's birth story just like I did with Ava and Anniston :) On June 8, after a sleepless night, Kyle and I got up and got ready to head to the hospital to meet our third precious girl.  To say I was nervous would be the biggest understatement ever.  Even though I had gone through 2 csections before, it didn't mean I wasn't scared and nervous....it's a big, scary surgery!  Mostly I was just afraid of the needle.... We arrived at the hospital, checked in, and started getting prepped for surgery.  First came the beautiful gown (I was so happy it wasn't the paper/plastic gown like I had with Anniston...I sweat to death in that gown), then came blood work and the IV, which I was not excited about....I hate needles.  And then the VERY worst part started.  Waiting.  Waiting for the magical hour of 7:30 am.  It took forever.  I was...

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

The Week is Here!

We can't believe this is the week we will see our daughter. Some of you may be thinking, "What? How do you know? Your due date isn't even until next week!" Well, let me update those of you who may be thinking this. Last week, on Wednesday, we went to the doctor, hoping and praying that my body would be showing some progress towards having a baby. The doctor checked and informed us that the baby is still kinda high, and that I'm not 1 cm dilated, but I'm not 0 cm either. So she told us it was time to make a plan. Here's what she came up with. She said that if I am dilated 2-3 cm by this Wednesday, then she'll send me over to the hospital right then and start inducing me. But, if I'm not 2-3 cm then the following day, Thursday, she would do a c-section. She knew we were going to be on Fall Break and that we'd love to spend a couple of free extra days off with Ava so she said we could do it this week. She's going out of town on Fri...