Skip to main content

Love is in the Air!

Ok, so everyone is updating their status on Facebook saying all about their special someone. I was getting ready to update mine and decided instead of writing it on my status for a day or two, I would post it on our blog. Most of you know our story but for those of you who don't, here goes...

Kyle and I met a long, long time ago, when we were twelve years old in Mr. Reeder's science class. I think back to the day I met Kyle and it's funny to me how I had no idea this would be the man I would marry when I "grew" up. It makes me smile to think of how God placed this man in my life at such a young age and how he's been with me through so much throughout our lives. Travel back with me in time!

My parents decided to divorce when I was in seventh grade. The day after they told us they were going their separate ways we stayed home from school because we were pretty upset. When I got back to school after a day off, I was still upset. Visibly upset. I couldn't concentrate on anything really and I spent the day in tears and very quiet. (Which is NOT me at all.) I was sitting in science class, and I guess we had some free time, because all of a sudden, this tall red headed boy comes to my table and asks me what's wrong. I explain that I just found out my parents were getting divorced and I was really upset about it. I distinctly remember him saying, "That's okay, my parents are divorced too." And then he spent quite a while explaining to me his broken and blended family story. I have to admit, I felt comforted knowing another person had experienced what I was embarking on.

I never remember seeing Kyle before that day. I think God placed him there to be a friend when I felt so confused about what was happening in my life. From that point on, Kyle and I were great friends....best friends. He's probably going to be embarrassed for some of the things I post on here, but it is all out of love. Let me just tell you how great of friends we were. We both LOVED to sing....we would sing together on the phone. We both had a PASSION for Dumb and Dumber, so we spent lots of time quoting lines from the movie. We talked on the phone a lot, which was crazy because I wasn't even allowed to call boys at that time, (but my mom let me)! We never really did anything outside of seeing each other at school, but we always had a blast together.

We continued on with our friendship for many years. Even when we were dating other people, we still made sure to keep up with one another. One day at the start of our senior year of high school we were talking. I had broken up with my boyfriend that summer and was talking to Kyle about it in the hallway. He was single at the time too. This is when we first started hanging out outside of school. He would come over and watch Dumb and Dumber at my house and we'd go get Sonic sometimes, and then one night he invited me to go bowling with him and his friends. Our bowling night was a turning point in our relationship. We started hanging out more and more after that. One night, he asked me to go to TGI Fridays with him and I did and I was so excited about going out with him one on one. I was also nervous, however, because I knew I was going to order spinach dip since it was my fave, and was trying to figure out how to keep the spinach out of my braces. (Gotta love those wires!) After dinner we went and hung out at the park. And later that evening he took me home. It was a great night!

We finally became an official couple on September 24th, 2002. He asked me to be his girlfriend at the waterpark and I said yes. I wanted to celebrate by him giving me a piggy back ride back to the car. When I ran to jump on his back, I knocked him down and his arm started bleeding! All I can say is....sometimes love hurts!

We dated all through high school, went to prom, and started college together! We took all our courses for the first semester together, because he just knew I'd get lost if we weren't together. How sweet. Although, not something I'd recommend because we both did really bad that first semester. I got my first D and Kyle got his first really bad grade that maybe I shouldn't post! Our line of thinking was always, why go to biology when we could go to Subway?

One night in August of 2005, Kyle took me to the waterpark to go on a walk before we went to dinner. We were going to try out this new restaurant called Buckhead Cafe, but before that he wanted to take a walk. He proposed to me in the exact spot he asked me to be his girlfriend. It was amazing! It was so romantic and sweet and I totally thought I was on Perfect Proposal.

We got married June 17th, 2006 and it was a beautiful and sweet day. Now we have been married for a little over three and a half years, and still going strong.

Both of our families have been broken, but we hope to leave a legacy for our children's children's children. I am still so in love with Kyle Brooks and am so thankful of how God has blessed me and continues to bless me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

One Down, Two More to Go!

This week, we reached the second trimester of the pregnancy. I was very excited to meet this milestone for two main reasons...1st you can breathe easier because the baby will most likely be healthy and less chance of miscarriage and 2 nd there is hope that morning sickness will be gone! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't as sick as some people who throw up 3 or 4 times a day, but just about every day all day I was nauseous and queasy-I only actually got sick 3 or 4 times a week. It really is true what women say, it seriously goes away as soon as you hit the 2nd trimester! What a relief! Not too much is going on here. We are just trying to be patient and wait to find out the gender of our baby. Some days it seems like the days and weeks are flying, but then other days it seems like it is going slowly. I just can't wait to call and pray for our baby by name. On a much funnier note, I think I will now include some of the awesome advice I have recieved from my 4th grade st

Baby #2 is On the Way!

Yay ! We are having another baby! This has been a terribly hard secret to keep for the past few weeks, but now we can shout it out! Yesterday we went to our first doctors appointment and then did about 6 hours of telling our huge family. Here's how our day went: Our appointment was at 9. We registered, sat down for 1 minute, and then we got called back to get the ultrasound. I had never had an ultrasound this early with Ava, so I really didn't know what to expect. The ultrasound lady just keep looking at this screen and there would be a beeping sound every so often and we were all so quiet for at least 5 minutes, it could've been an hour though. One thing I don't like is silence. And there was a lot of silence. The ultrasound tech and Kyle were both staring at the screen with straight faces, so at that point I started praying and waiting more. Finally, she turned the screen for me to see, and there it was. This tiny little baby...the head, the body, I could