Skip to main content

Fatherhood :)

Hey Blog World! It's Kyle.

I haven't posted in a while so I thought I would take this opportunity. Both girls are asleep and so as I am not sleepy, I shall post.

Ava is so amazing! She is almost 6 months old and we cant believe how fast time has gone. Everyday there seems to be something new that she does. I had thoughts of how this would be but never did I imagine that having a child would enrich our lives so much. Rebecca and I truly thank God for her everyday. She is a gift from God and we owe it all to Him. What an Everlasting God we serve. I am constantly thinking in my mind "Am I doing enough?" and Rebecca reminds me of how great of a father I am. That just is the best gift she could give. I literally can't wait each day for the 3:30 announcement at school saying that we are dismissed so that I can hurry home to see her. What an incredible blessing!

Rebecca and I enjoy every second with her and realize that time is going so fast and we make sure to soak in each moment. Each day we spend with her is our favorite day. There is not a certain thing or day that is more special than the other. Each second of every day with her is the best. Each thing she does or look she gives us is special.

Many people have asked "How are you adjusting?" and the statement "It will change your life" or "It is hard work" has been brought up time after time after time. Our answer: Our baby girl brings so much joy to our lives and hearts that even though it has been an adjustment this experience was something that we were completely ready for and prayed for since even before we found out we would be welcoming her into our life. Also, it has changed our life but for the better! She brings so much love to us (have I mentioned that?) and has deepened the love Rebecca and I have for each other. We honestly don't consider parenthood to be "hard work". Work is where we go each day. Work is a building. Work is not having a child. We have to work with one another each day but realizing the love we have for our child and family is the best GIFT we could have ever received. When you go into parenthood your responsibilities change and you see things differently but to say this is hard is almost insinuating that we weren't ready and didn't know what we were doing. We knew that we were called by God to be parents and to bring Ava into this world and raise her to be a child of God. That is the WORK I am focused on. Sorry if this sounds like I am on a soap box because I am not intending that in any way. I just am expressing my feelings about our child. Also, I don't want people to think we are perfect or have it all figured out but we sure try hard each day to do what is best for Ava. What a blessing she is and an incredible journey that has begun. She has so completely blessed our lives.

Until next time....God Bless and thanks for following us through each exciting and fun stage.

Kyle

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

One Down, Two More to Go!

This week, we reached the second trimester of the pregnancy. I was very excited to meet this milestone for two main reasons...1st you can breathe easier because the baby will most likely be healthy and less chance of miscarriage and 2 nd there is hope that morning sickness will be gone! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't as sick as some people who throw up 3 or 4 times a day, but just about every day all day I was nauseous and queasy-I only actually got sick 3 or 4 times a week. It really is true what women say, it seriously goes away as soon as you hit the 2nd trimester! What a relief! Not too much is going on here. We are just trying to be patient and wait to find out the gender of our baby. Some days it seems like the days and weeks are flying, but then other days it seems like it is going slowly. I just can't wait to call and pray for our baby by name. On a much funnier note, I think I will now include some of the awesome advice I have recieved from my 4th grade st

Baby #2 is On the Way!

Yay ! We are having another baby! This has been a terribly hard secret to keep for the past few weeks, but now we can shout it out! Yesterday we went to our first doctors appointment and then did about 6 hours of telling our huge family. Here's how our day went: Our appointment was at 9. We registered, sat down for 1 minute, and then we got called back to get the ultrasound. I had never had an ultrasound this early with Ava, so I really didn't know what to expect. The ultrasound lady just keep looking at this screen and there would be a beeping sound every so often and we were all so quiet for at least 5 minutes, it could've been an hour though. One thing I don't like is silence. And there was a lot of silence. The ultrasound tech and Kyle were both staring at the screen with straight faces, so at that point I started praying and waiting more. Finally, she turned the screen for me to see, and there it was. This tiny little baby...the head, the body, I could