Skip to main content

Sick Days!

For the past three days, Ava has been very sick. We stayed home all day Sunday and Monday and we are going to be here all day today with the exception of running to the doctor. She had had a pretty high fever and a bad cough and she's been cranky. Her cough started on Friday, we took he to the doctor and he thought it was just allergies. He gave us some medicine to clear it up. It wasn't any better on Saturday and was worse on Sunday. We called him an he gave her a prescription for amoxicillin. That afternoon she had a fever of 102.5. We started giving her Tylenol and motrin to keep it down. She hardly slept at all Sunday night and I checked her temperature again at about 1:00 am and it had reached 102.9. Terri texted the doctor and we were told to keep giving her Tylenol every four hours and motrin every six hours. Her temperature went down and stayed down all day. She was still a little fussy but seemed a bit more like herself. She was even acting a little mischievous and had to go to time out two times for doing something repeatedly after being told no (this includes trying to stick her finger in a socket and laughing when I said no and throwing a water bottle off the coffee table after being asked to stop). At two thirty all of her medicine should have worn off so I took her temperature again and it was still normal. I was for sure she was better. She slept like a rock last night and even slept late this morning. I checked her temperature this morning and it was 100.9-much too high to go to daycare. So here we are....on our third sick day. The doctor wants me to bring her in so he can test her for the flu. (She's already had her first flu shot, but hasn't gone back for the second dose. They break it up into two shots and spread it out over three weeks. She would have gone back to get part two on Thursday but won't be able to if she's still sick.)
Even though it stinks to have a sick child, I really do treasure every single second I get to spend with her. She's been so loving and sweet and has even learned some new things since we've been able to spend so much time together! Yesterday she learned the word No and night night. I can tell her to go night night and she will pretend to go night night and say "Night night mamma." Ohh it is sooo sweet! As far as the word No, I guess she just picked that up from me telling her not to pull on electric cords and what not.
Well, that's it for now. I'll take her to the doctor in about an hour and see what he has to say. Hopefully she'll be back to her old self again really soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

One Down, Two More to Go!

This week, we reached the second trimester of the pregnancy. I was very excited to meet this milestone for two main reasons...1st you can breathe easier because the baby will most likely be healthy and less chance of miscarriage and 2 nd there is hope that morning sickness will be gone! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't as sick as some people who throw up 3 or 4 times a day, but just about every day all day I was nauseous and queasy-I only actually got sick 3 or 4 times a week. It really is true what women say, it seriously goes away as soon as you hit the 2nd trimester! What a relief! Not too much is going on here. We are just trying to be patient and wait to find out the gender of our baby. Some days it seems like the days and weeks are flying, but then other days it seems like it is going slowly. I just can't wait to call and pray for our baby by name. On a much funnier note, I think I will now include some of the awesome advice I have recieved from my 4th grade st

Baby #2 is On the Way!

Yay ! We are having another baby! This has been a terribly hard secret to keep for the past few weeks, but now we can shout it out! Yesterday we went to our first doctors appointment and then did about 6 hours of telling our huge family. Here's how our day went: Our appointment was at 9. We registered, sat down for 1 minute, and then we got called back to get the ultrasound. I had never had an ultrasound this early with Ava, so I really didn't know what to expect. The ultrasound lady just keep looking at this screen and there would be a beeping sound every so often and we were all so quiet for at least 5 minutes, it could've been an hour though. One thing I don't like is silence. And there was a lot of silence. The ultrasound tech and Kyle were both staring at the screen with straight faces, so at that point I started praying and waiting more. Finally, she turned the screen for me to see, and there it was. This tiny little baby...the head, the body, I could