Skip to main content

First Doctors Appointment

On March 2nd, Kyle and I went to our first doctors appointment. Boy, was it fun! Let's just say that funny things seem to happen to us no matter where we go. I won't go into specifics, but just know that peeing in a cup, while difficult, is quite hillarious!
We found out our baby's official due date....October 15th. Right in the middle of the month. The nurse informed us that instead of us being almost 9 weeks along, we were really only 8 weeks. We thought it was weird that we were off a week, but it's no big deal!
At this visit, they confirmed that we are pregnant, drew blood (which is a tramatic thing for me always!), and gave me a TB skin test. It wasn't that bad, Kyle said he was proud of me when it came time for the needles! I am trying to become courageous because I know that is the least of the pain that I will be experiencing in the next 7 months!
Before we left, we scheduled our next appointment. We are really excited because we get to hear the heart beat. We scheduled it for March 23rd-just 3 more weeks! I will be almost 11 weeks pregnant and the nurse said that we should be able to hear the heart beat loud and clear by that time.
Every time I think about this next appointment, I get really teary eyed and excited. I just can't believe that there is a tiny baby growing inside of me. And, that it has a heart beat. It is just amazing! God is amazing! I am so thankful for all of the blessings He is pouring upon Kyle and I.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adley's Birth Story

I have been a little overloaded in life and let our blog go to the back burner!  But, I must write about sweet Adley's birth story just like I did with Ava and Anniston :) On June 8, after a sleepless night, Kyle and I got up and got ready to head to the hospital to meet our third precious girl.  To say I was nervous would be the biggest understatement ever.  Even though I had gone through 2 csections before, it didn't mean I wasn't scared and nervous....it's a big, scary surgery!  Mostly I was just afraid of the needle.... We arrived at the hospital, checked in, and started getting prepped for surgery.  First came the beautiful gown (I was so happy it wasn't the paper/plastic gown like I had with Anniston...I sweat to death in that gown), then came blood work and the IV, which I was not excited about....I hate needles.  And then the VERY worst part started.  Waiting.  Waiting for the magical hour of 7:30 am.  It took forever.  I was...

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

The Week is Here!

We can't believe this is the week we will see our daughter. Some of you may be thinking, "What? How do you know? Your due date isn't even until next week!" Well, let me update those of you who may be thinking this. Last week, on Wednesday, we went to the doctor, hoping and praying that my body would be showing some progress towards having a baby. The doctor checked and informed us that the baby is still kinda high, and that I'm not 1 cm dilated, but I'm not 0 cm either. So she told us it was time to make a plan. Here's what she came up with. She said that if I am dilated 2-3 cm by this Wednesday, then she'll send me over to the hospital right then and start inducing me. But, if I'm not 2-3 cm then the following day, Thursday, she would do a c-section. She knew we were going to be on Fall Break and that we'd love to spend a couple of free extra days off with Ava so she said we could do it this week. She's going out of town on Fri...