Skip to main content

4 Months Old

Ava turned four months old this week. How did we celebrate? By going to the doctor for a well child checkup, of course! Ava weighed in at 13 pounds 14 ounces and measured 23 3/4 inches long! She's really growing like a weed! It's weird to think that she's almost 2 feet tall, 3 more feet and she'll be my height! Strange.

The doctor said she looked perfect! Her weight was in the 50th %ile and her height in the 30th. He gave us the go ahead to start feeding her cereal once a day, and said that if she does well with that, we can start vegetable baby food. It brings a tear to my eye that she is growing up so fast, but I know that with each stage comes new and exciting things. We tried the cereal last night and she did not like it. So, as directed by the doctor, we're gonna wait a week and try again. I think she'll be more into it once we get the high chair set up-we just tried it in the Bumbo last night. So, last night was her first time using a spoon, trying to eat cereal, and wear a bib....lots of firsts.

We'll see how it goes next week! Until then....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adley's Birth Story

I have been a little overloaded in life and let our blog go to the back burner!  But, I must write about sweet Adley's birth story just like I did with Ava and Anniston :) On June 8, after a sleepless night, Kyle and I got up and got ready to head to the hospital to meet our third precious girl.  To say I was nervous would be the biggest understatement ever.  Even though I had gone through 2 csections before, it didn't mean I wasn't scared and nervous....it's a big, scary surgery!  Mostly I was just afraid of the needle.... We arrived at the hospital, checked in, and started getting prepped for surgery.  First came the beautiful gown (I was so happy it wasn't the paper/plastic gown like I had with Anniston...I sweat to death in that gown), then came blood work and the IV, which I was not excited about....I hate needles.  And then the VERY worst part started.  Waiting.  Waiting for the magical hour of 7:30 am.  It took forever.  I was...

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

One Down, Two More to Go!

This week, we reached the second trimester of the pregnancy. I was very excited to meet this milestone for two main reasons...1st you can breathe easier because the baby will most likely be healthy and less chance of miscarriage and 2 nd there is hope that morning sickness will be gone! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't as sick as some people who throw up 3 or 4 times a day, but just about every day all day I was nauseous and queasy-I only actually got sick 3 or 4 times a week. It really is true what women say, it seriously goes away as soon as you hit the 2nd trimester! What a relief! Not too much is going on here. We are just trying to be patient and wait to find out the gender of our baby. Some days it seems like the days and weeks are flying, but then other days it seems like it is going slowly. I just can't wait to call and pray for our baby by name. On a much funnier note, I think I will now include some of the awesome advice I have recieved from my 4th grade st...