Skip to main content

Flood Day 2010

Ava bouncing after all the hard work of putting this thing together! Yes, she's basically naked because she was soo hot!Ava bouncing at the store in the display bouncy gym! She loved it and begged us to buy it for her. We gave in! Actually, I was talking to someone and the next thing I knew Kyle had loaded it up in the cart and was wheeling it off to the register!


I can't believe we were out of school today due to flooding. Well, actually I can....especially after seeing some of the streets even here in our own neighborhood. I seriously saw kids swimming in the street. Bathing suits and all! Kyle, Ava, and I had a great day! Let me share with you our adventures today!

  1. We started off our day with a trip to a childrens clothing store to find Ava the perfect dress for baby dedication. I know the dress doesn't make the day, but in my mind I had a sweet long white dress with smocking and I could not rest until I found it. It will make for some beautiful pictures!


  2. Then, we all went to Logan's for lunch. After my medium well steak came back super bloody and mooing 3 times, the cook finally got it right and I enjoyed my steak. To make our lunch even sweeter, the manager said all we had to pay for was Kyle's coke! I couldn't even believe it. It was very nice and we had a gift card from Christmas so we weren't out a penny. (Which was good because we had an expensive stop ahead that we didn't even know about!)


  3. After a great lunch we went by the Jewelry Barn so I could visit some awesome people. Boy do I miss working there! I had the best bosses a girl could ask for and some wonderful co-workers! I visited for a while, and dropped off my engagement ring and wedding band to get cleaned while we did some more shopping.


  4. Next stop....Sam's Club. We used my mom's membership and had a blast just wondering through the aisles. We had several things on my mind but just left with 12 packs of Orbit gum ($9.06) and a really big box of laundry detergent ($15.64). We intended on buying some diapers and baby food but they did not have the size we needed or the right stage of food. Oh well.....we got what we needed at our next stop.


  5. Toys R Us. They have the best deals on diapers. We got a huge box and we were ready to go, but our daughter has us wrapped around her little finger and talked us in to buying her this bouncy gym. She played in the display and after just asking if we could get it any cheaper, the manager said he'd give it to us for 20% off! It's amazing what people will do if you ask! Diapers, Bouncy Gym, Batteries and we were out the door.


  6. Back to Jewelry Barn to get my rings. They looked brand new and sparkly!


  7. Target....my turn to get a dress for Mother's Day. We also picked up a sweet little gift for our mothers while we were there. (Don't forget Mother's Day is Sunday everyone!)


  8. Home....Set up bouncy gym, feed Ava milk and veggies, fix vegetable soup, hunt down the dog who had run away to sniff out a friend. Lola's new nickname....Dumbdog!


  9. Rest and Relax with my husband! Gotta go do that now!


Hope I didn't bore/wear you out with our day. I feel like I got tons accomplished. I am not looking forward to making this day up on a Saturday though. Booo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adley's Birth Story

I have been a little overloaded in life and let our blog go to the back burner!  But, I must write about sweet Adley's birth story just like I did with Ava and Anniston :) On June 8, after a sleepless night, Kyle and I got up and got ready to head to the hospital to meet our third precious girl.  To say I was nervous would be the biggest understatement ever.  Even though I had gone through 2 csections before, it didn't mean I wasn't scared and nervous....it's a big, scary surgery!  Mostly I was just afraid of the needle.... We arrived at the hospital, checked in, and started getting prepped for surgery.  First came the beautiful gown (I was so happy it wasn't the paper/plastic gown like I had with Anniston...I sweat to death in that gown), then came blood work and the IV, which I was not excited about....I hate needles.  And then the VERY worst part started.  Waiting.  Waiting for the magical hour of 7:30 am.  It took forever.  I was...

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

One Down, Two More to Go!

This week, we reached the second trimester of the pregnancy. I was very excited to meet this milestone for two main reasons...1st you can breathe easier because the baby will most likely be healthy and less chance of miscarriage and 2 nd there is hope that morning sickness will be gone! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't as sick as some people who throw up 3 or 4 times a day, but just about every day all day I was nauseous and queasy-I only actually got sick 3 or 4 times a week. It really is true what women say, it seriously goes away as soon as you hit the 2nd trimester! What a relief! Not too much is going on here. We are just trying to be patient and wait to find out the gender of our baby. Some days it seems like the days and weeks are flying, but then other days it seems like it is going slowly. I just can't wait to call and pray for our baby by name. On a much funnier note, I think I will now include some of the awesome advice I have recieved from my 4th grade st...