Skip to main content

Birthday Girl

I like this because it shows the dress I made for her. I did it all except the monogramming! (Thanks to Granny for teaching me!)
Mommy, Daddy, Ava, and the CAKE!
Yummy!
I love this picture because her reaction is priceless!

Ava after opening just one gift! She was tired!

The delicious cupcakes (someone had already helped themselves)!
Smash Cake
The Main Cake! (Isn't it adorable?)

Our baby girl is now a one year old! The big day was last Friday, and I just can't believe how fast she has grown! One special thing about her birthday is that we will most likely always be off for Fall Break so that we can all celebrate all day (or week) long! We had a fantastic time on her actual birthday! We had a pancakes for breakfast, a picnic in the back yard, and went to the Paintin' Place to create a masterpiece using her handprints (the first handprints we have of her!). That night we opened presents. Mommy and Daddy got her a Radio Flyer wagon that she absolutely loves and stays in constantly. We also got her an adorable talking tea set (with an English accent) that she loves to have tea parties with! That night, Ava also got her very first haircut. Her Aunt Katie came in for the celebration and we decided it would be a good time to get a trim. It is much more manageable now! After all that fun, it was time for bed, because the next day had a fabulous party in store!
On Saturday morning, we were busy with all kinds of party preparations. We got everything done in the nick of time! There were so many friends and family members at her party and they loved on her and gave her some amazing gifts! We were especially excited that Kyle's sister, Karen, could Skype in from the hospital in Texas! (She's expecting twins and has been on severe bedrest for several weeks.) Ava enjoyed having everyone there to celebrate her big day and I wanted to share some of my favorite pictures with you! (I apologize for the out of order photos, I still haven't quite figured out how to do this perfectly yet!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adley's Birth Story

I have been a little overloaded in life and let our blog go to the back burner!  But, I must write about sweet Adley's birth story just like I did with Ava and Anniston :) On June 8, after a sleepless night, Kyle and I got up and got ready to head to the hospital to meet our third precious girl.  To say I was nervous would be the biggest understatement ever.  Even though I had gone through 2 csections before, it didn't mean I wasn't scared and nervous....it's a big, scary surgery!  Mostly I was just afraid of the needle.... We arrived at the hospital, checked in, and started getting prepped for surgery.  First came the beautiful gown (I was so happy it wasn't the paper/plastic gown like I had with Anniston...I sweat to death in that gown), then came blood work and the IV, which I was not excited about....I hate needles.  And then the VERY worst part started.  Waiting.  Waiting for the magical hour of 7:30 am.  It took forever.  I was...

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

The Week is Here!

We can't believe this is the week we will see our daughter. Some of you may be thinking, "What? How do you know? Your due date isn't even until next week!" Well, let me update those of you who may be thinking this. Last week, on Wednesday, we went to the doctor, hoping and praying that my body would be showing some progress towards having a baby. The doctor checked and informed us that the baby is still kinda high, and that I'm not 1 cm dilated, but I'm not 0 cm either. So she told us it was time to make a plan. Here's what she came up with. She said that if I am dilated 2-3 cm by this Wednesday, then she'll send me over to the hospital right then and start inducing me. But, if I'm not 2-3 cm then the following day, Thursday, she would do a c-section. She knew we were going to be on Fall Break and that we'd love to spend a couple of free extra days off with Ava so she said we could do it this week. She's going out of town on Fri...