Skip to main content

Our Funny Daughter!

Ava is growing up wayyyyy too fast! In the past few weeks she has learned a lot and seems to have gotten funnier as the days go on. Let me update you on our funny girl!

  • Goodbye! Ava has said bye-bye for a long time now, but lately her goodbyes have become so much cuter! We will tell her to say goodbye to someone and she starts waving and saying bye. Instead of it coming out bye, it's more like bah, bah, baaaaahhhhh, and she continues saying bye for a very long time after whoever has left. She is soooo southern when she says bye! I love it!
  • She thinks it is funny for us to smell her feet and then she will smell own and says shew, shew like they really do stink! She's taken it a step further now. We will be sitting there and instead of smelling our feet, she starts to try to put our toes in her mouth! Yuck! How do you teach someone that it's not nice to put someone's toes in your mouth!?!
  • She thinks it is so funny when we ask her to give us a kiss. She will run away, and when we start going after her she runs toward us with a big kiss right on the lips! Sooo sweet!
  • She gives us random hugs....right around our neck and squeezes us tight. It literally makes our heart melt.
  • I don't know if she's ready for a baby brother or sister, or just ready to be a babysitter, but she has really been loving on her baby dolls lately. They have no clothes on because clothes really bother her, and she carries them all over the house! She pushes them in her stroller, she shares her milk and snacks with them, she begs for me to put her in her crib with one of the babies and she covers it up and pats its back. It is tremendously cute!
  • A few of her new words are yellow, purple, and backpack. I think it's pretty amazing that she can identify things that are these colors!
  • When I'm wearing my pink, fluffy robe, I get countless hugs! I know she just really loves the way the robe feels, but I love the extra loving!
  • She got a new toy ram at Target that she loves! She takes it all over the house and we keep finding him in random places in our house including: The pantry, our bathtub, our bathroom scale, and standing in front of the refrigerator. Ava's also had a nice tea party with the ram. Weird huh?
  • She is really into Dora right now! She tries to sing the theme song and it is super cute!
  • Her new thing is to go to the TV and turn it on and off! She thinks it is hilarious! Not so fun when she got her hand stuck in the VCR in our bedroom though! But that doesn't stop her from doing it again!

Well, this was a slightly scattered post, but I hope it brought a smile to your face like it does ours!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adley's Birth Story

I have been a little overloaded in life and let our blog go to the back burner!  But, I must write about sweet Adley's birth story just like I did with Ava and Anniston :) On June 8, after a sleepless night, Kyle and I got up and got ready to head to the hospital to meet our third precious girl.  To say I was nervous would be the biggest understatement ever.  Even though I had gone through 2 csections before, it didn't mean I wasn't scared and nervous....it's a big, scary surgery!  Mostly I was just afraid of the needle.... We arrived at the hospital, checked in, and started getting prepped for surgery.  First came the beautiful gown (I was so happy it wasn't the paper/plastic gown like I had with Anniston...I sweat to death in that gown), then came blood work and the IV, which I was not excited about....I hate needles.  And then the VERY worst part started.  Waiting.  Waiting for the magical hour of 7:30 am.  It took forever.  I was...

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

Baby #2 is On the Way!

Yay ! We are having another baby! This has been a terribly hard secret to keep for the past few weeks, but now we can shout it out! Yesterday we went to our first doctors appointment and then did about 6 hours of telling our huge family. Here's how our day went: Our appointment was at 9. We registered, sat down for 1 minute, and then we got called back to get the ultrasound. I had never had an ultrasound this early with Ava, so I really didn't know what to expect. The ultrasound lady just keep looking at this screen and there would be a beeping sound every so often and we were all so quiet for at least 5 minutes, it could've been an hour though. One thing I don't like is silence. And there was a lot of silence. The ultrasound tech and Kyle were both staring at the screen with straight faces, so at that point I started praying and waiting more. Finally, she turned the screen for me to see, and there it was. This tiny little baby...the head, the body, I could...