Skip to main content

Our Two Year Old!


Wow! It still feels insane to say that our little girl is two years old now! We just can't believe how fast the past two years have flown by! We have cherished every moment with her and truly enjoy parenthood. It is a beautiful gift from God.

I've been terrible about updating things lately, and have literally been meaning to do a birthday post for about 3 weeks now. Better late than never though!

Ava's birthday was on a beautiful Saturday and we had her party at our house in the back yard. Lots of family and friends came out to celebrate. I'll just let the pictures do the rest of the story telling!


The spread. Mmmmm.... Tastefully Simple Beer Bread (made with Sprite), veggie tray, apples with caramel dip, chips, cheese, olives, crackers, meatballs four types of dips.....I could eat like this every day! (And then I'd be on the Biggest Loser).

The gift table. Enough said.


The beautiful birthday girl.

Let's get this party started. It's time to get serious.

William came to the party. They really enjoyed eating apple slices together. Emili and I believe they are in love.

Ava's buddy Kinsley came too! She was sooo excited. Kinsley loved Ava's new Tinkerbell purse. I think she was ready to go shopping in this picture.

Aubrey also got to come! Ava loves Aubrey so much!

Maggie came too! (I can't believe that this is the baby I used to keep all the time! She's so grown up. And beautiful!)

Mason also came to the party. I love this picture, and think it should be in a magazine somewhere.

And of course, Whitman was at the party. He was Ava's big birthday gift, so he ran around with a pretty red bow on all day!

The kids worked on painting cupcakes to take home and decorate their bedrooms.

I think there's some real talent here. Let me know if you'd like one sometime :)

Then it was time for presents.

And cake.

Yum :)


I just had to include this picture because it makes me laugh every time I see it. What's going on here? I think it could be on Ellen's "What's Wrong with these Photos" photos.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adley's Birth Story

I have been a little overloaded in life and let our blog go to the back burner!  But, I must write about sweet Adley's birth story just like I did with Ava and Anniston :) On June 8, after a sleepless night, Kyle and I got up and got ready to head to the hospital to meet our third precious girl.  To say I was nervous would be the biggest understatement ever.  Even though I had gone through 2 csections before, it didn't mean I wasn't scared and nervous....it's a big, scary surgery!  Mostly I was just afraid of the needle.... We arrived at the hospital, checked in, and started getting prepped for surgery.  First came the beautiful gown (I was so happy it wasn't the paper/plastic gown like I had with Anniston...I sweat to death in that gown), then came blood work and the IV, which I was not excited about....I hate needles.  And then the VERY worst part started.  Waiting.  Waiting for the magical hour of 7:30 am.  It took forever.  I was...

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

One Down, Two More to Go!

This week, we reached the second trimester of the pregnancy. I was very excited to meet this milestone for two main reasons...1st you can breathe easier because the baby will most likely be healthy and less chance of miscarriage and 2 nd there is hope that morning sickness will be gone! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't as sick as some people who throw up 3 or 4 times a day, but just about every day all day I was nauseous and queasy-I only actually got sick 3 or 4 times a week. It really is true what women say, it seriously goes away as soon as you hit the 2nd trimester! What a relief! Not too much is going on here. We are just trying to be patient and wait to find out the gender of our baby. Some days it seems like the days and weeks are flying, but then other days it seems like it is going slowly. I just can't wait to call and pray for our baby by name. On a much funnier note, I think I will now include some of the awesome advice I have recieved from my 4th grade st...