Skip to main content

I Love How She.....

I've been caring for my sweet, sick baby today. Even though I've been thrown up all over multiple times today, I just can't help but reflect on my sweet child. Therefore, I have come up with a list of things I love about Ava. (This post will have to be continued over several posts because it's crazy how wonderful she is. These are just some things I've been thinking of since about 3 o'clock this morning.

I love how she.....
1. falls asleep each night. (Talking and singing like crazy, covering me up with her blanket, a letting her feet plop down hard on the bed, over and over.)
2. dances. (It's a little provocative, but totally cute.)
3. calls suckers "popasicles".
4. talks about the people she loves when we are laying in bed.
5. says yes...which for the longest time came out as "nes," and now has developed into "nest."
6. tells me and Kyle not to look at her when she is about to do something wrong.
7. sings a song and stops abruptly to ask "What's next?"
8. loves her friends and teachers at daycare.
9. asks me to feed her shredded cheese like a "little birdy."
10. tells me not to talk on the phone, when she wants to talk to me.
11. fights with Whitman and tells him not to eat her food, when all he's doing is sleeping.
12. says she needs to "make mousies" instead of saying she needs to go poo poo. (She made it up on her own.)
13. eats a pack of Smarties and holds every piece up before she eats it and asks, "What's that?"
14. says "hide, hide, hide when she hears someone coming in the garage.
15. thinks the best hiding place is the most obvious place of all!
16. requests songs to sing in the car. Right now her favorites are by the Doodlebops.
17. wants to look at pictures of herself all. the. time.
18. recognizes letters on signs.
19. always wants us to trace her hands.
20. sings her ABCs.
21. counts to 13 starting at # 6.
22. can't stand it if her shirt sleeves get wet after washing her hands.
23. wants to sit on the counter and watch me cook.
24. say's 1-2-3 and runs and jumps on Kyle!
25. wants to put lotion on every time she walks into our bathroom,
26. calls Whitman "little Whitty boy," or a "Cutie Pie."
27. talks about going to church and Sunday School
28. sings Jesus Loves Me
29. says I love you
30. has changed our lives forever in the BEST way imaginable!

I'm sure there will be a part two of this list coming one day in the future! I thank the Lord for this girl every day of my life.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adley's Birth Story

I have been a little overloaded in life and let our blog go to the back burner!  But, I must write about sweet Adley's birth story just like I did with Ava and Anniston :) On June 8, after a sleepless night, Kyle and I got up and got ready to head to the hospital to meet our third precious girl.  To say I was nervous would be the biggest understatement ever.  Even though I had gone through 2 csections before, it didn't mean I wasn't scared and nervous....it's a big, scary surgery!  Mostly I was just afraid of the needle.... We arrived at the hospital, checked in, and started getting prepped for surgery.  First came the beautiful gown (I was so happy it wasn't the paper/plastic gown like I had with Anniston...I sweat to death in that gown), then came blood work and the IV, which I was not excited about....I hate needles.  And then the VERY worst part started.  Waiting.  Waiting for the magical hour of 7:30 am.  It took forever.  I was...

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

The Week is Here!

We can't believe this is the week we will see our daughter. Some of you may be thinking, "What? How do you know? Your due date isn't even until next week!" Well, let me update those of you who may be thinking this. Last week, on Wednesday, we went to the doctor, hoping and praying that my body would be showing some progress towards having a baby. The doctor checked and informed us that the baby is still kinda high, and that I'm not 1 cm dilated, but I'm not 0 cm either. So she told us it was time to make a plan. Here's what she came up with. She said that if I am dilated 2-3 cm by this Wednesday, then she'll send me over to the hospital right then and start inducing me. But, if I'm not 2-3 cm then the following day, Thursday, she would do a c-section. She knew we were going to be on Fall Break and that we'd love to spend a couple of free extra days off with Ava so she said we could do it this week. She's going out of town on Fri...