Skip to main content

Not Enough...

Baby Girl is 13 weeks now, Ava is loving every second of Kindergarten, and Anniston is learning how to be the Big Girl of the house during the days while mommy is taking care of the baby and all our buddies. 

This marks my 4th week back to work and I feel like I am still waiting for everything to start feeling normal. I've got my routine together for the daytime while I'm watching the kids and for the most part things are running smoothly....but I feel like I am being attacked by negative thoughts telling me "you are not enough..."  I know this is Satan and that he is trying to get me when I'm down, but let's just be real....it stinks! 


I know that the ONLY thing that can help me overcome my feelings of being insufficient is God.  Relying on Him in all circumstances is the only thing I can do. I need Him more than anything else right now....I just gotta figure out how and when to spend time with Him.  It's difficult, if I'm being honest.....I've made efforts to spend time with Him first thing in the morning....but it never fails that I will be accompanied by one of the girls...which means there is a lack of focus.  I've tried having my quiet time at night before bed, but that would lead to me falling asleep....or rushing through things so I can fall asleep.  I found that at one point nap time was the perfect time for me to have my time with God, but now it isn't working because the baby is awake and needs to be taken care of.

I know this is just a season, and I am cherishing the little things because I know it goes way too fast....but I have just GOT to figure out when I can have my time alone with God.  Anyone have a magic answer?






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adley's Birth Story

I have been a little overloaded in life and let our blog go to the back burner!  But, I must write about sweet Adley's birth story just like I did with Ava and Anniston :) On June 8, after a sleepless night, Kyle and I got up and got ready to head to the hospital to meet our third precious girl.  To say I was nervous would be the biggest understatement ever.  Even though I had gone through 2 csections before, it didn't mean I wasn't scared and nervous....it's a big, scary surgery!  Mostly I was just afraid of the needle.... We arrived at the hospital, checked in, and started getting prepped for surgery.  First came the beautiful gown (I was so happy it wasn't the paper/plastic gown like I had with Anniston...I sweat to death in that gown), then came blood work and the IV, which I was not excited about....I hate needles.  And then the VERY worst part started.  Waiting.  Waiting for the magical hour of 7:30 am.  It took forever.  I was...

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

One Down, Two More to Go!

This week, we reached the second trimester of the pregnancy. I was very excited to meet this milestone for two main reasons...1st you can breathe easier because the baby will most likely be healthy and less chance of miscarriage and 2 nd there is hope that morning sickness will be gone! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't as sick as some people who throw up 3 or 4 times a day, but just about every day all day I was nauseous and queasy-I only actually got sick 3 or 4 times a week. It really is true what women say, it seriously goes away as soon as you hit the 2nd trimester! What a relief! Not too much is going on here. We are just trying to be patient and wait to find out the gender of our baby. Some days it seems like the days and weeks are flying, but then other days it seems like it is going slowly. I just can't wait to call and pray for our baby by name. On a much funnier note, I think I will now include some of the awesome advice I have recieved from my 4th grade st...