Skip to main content

Ultrasound #2

Yesterday Kyle and I went for our second ultrasound. Our doctor was not 100% sure of Ava's position so she ordered us another one. We were both excited and anxious to see Ava again. Boy, is it different from 19 weeks to 37. She looks so smooshed in there! We got a picture of her beautiful profile and another that ensured us she is still a girl! We got to see her spine, her brain, her heart beating rapidly, and even her full little bladder. (Mine was about to pop since I had to wait 2 hours without using the bathroom. That was no fun at all!) The ultrasound showed us three main things. 1. Ava's definitely in the heads down position, 2. it looks like I am 37 1/2 weeks pregnant instead of just 37, and 3. She looks like she weighs about 7 lbs 9 oz. as of right now. The ultrasound tech kept telling us that her weight is an approximate. He said sometimes they are so close it's scary or so far off it's embarrassing! Anyway, she sounds like she's at a healthy weight to me! Both her daddy and I were almost 9 lb babies so we kinda hope she doesn't take after us in that aspect!

We got to meet with the doctor after a long bathroom break for me! I am unfortunately 0 centimeters dilated and she thinks Ava is kind of high still. So, my goal for the next 6 days is to walk, walk, walk as much as I can! They say that helps. If I don't show some progress by next week, I think she will schedule an induction or c-section. Now this is where I ask for your help. Please pray that I will show progress by next week. I really want to have a childbirth the old fashioned way. Not to say that there is anything wrong with c-sections, I just do not prefer to go that route. I'm seriously considering making a T-shirt that says "Don't cut my gut!" and wearing it the day I deliver! No, just kidding. The doctor says she fully respects our wishes and if I want to try labor I can, and if it doesn't go then we'll go with a c-section. But, prayers would be so appreciated. I am so thankful that God has a plan for our daughter's birth.

Our next appointment is Wednesday, September 30th. Maybe I'll go into labor before then! We can hope!

Comments

  1. We'll be praying for you guys Rebecca! How are you feeling as far as nerves, excitement, etc?
    We have a doctors appointment that day too, but it's just for a 26 week check up. Can't wait to see your little one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

One Down, Two More to Go!

This week, we reached the second trimester of the pregnancy. I was very excited to meet this milestone for two main reasons...1st you can breathe easier because the baby will most likely be healthy and less chance of miscarriage and 2 nd there is hope that morning sickness will be gone! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't as sick as some people who throw up 3 or 4 times a day, but just about every day all day I was nauseous and queasy-I only actually got sick 3 or 4 times a week. It really is true what women say, it seriously goes away as soon as you hit the 2nd trimester! What a relief! Not too much is going on here. We are just trying to be patient and wait to find out the gender of our baby. Some days it seems like the days and weeks are flying, but then other days it seems like it is going slowly. I just can't wait to call and pray for our baby by name. On a much funnier note, I think I will now include some of the awesome advice I have recieved from my 4th grade st

Baby #2 is On the Way!

Yay ! We are having another baby! This has been a terribly hard secret to keep for the past few weeks, but now we can shout it out! Yesterday we went to our first doctors appointment and then did about 6 hours of telling our huge family. Here's how our day went: Our appointment was at 9. We registered, sat down for 1 minute, and then we got called back to get the ultrasound. I had never had an ultrasound this early with Ava, so I really didn't know what to expect. The ultrasound lady just keep looking at this screen and there would be a beeping sound every so often and we were all so quiet for at least 5 minutes, it could've been an hour though. One thing I don't like is silence. And there was a lot of silence. The ultrasound tech and Kyle were both staring at the screen with straight faces, so at that point I started praying and waiting more. Finally, she turned the screen for me to see, and there it was. This tiny little baby...the head, the body, I could