Skip to main content

Super Sickness

Our poor, poor baby has tested positive for RSV. We are so sad, but thankful that she got it when she was older versus when she was younger. If she would have had it when she was really little she would've had to be put in the hospital. Kyle stayed home with her one day this week, my dad and step mom watched her the next day, and I'm home with her today. Her cough sounds terrible.

The doctor said she felt that the worst was over because her chest sounded good and all. She gave us instructions to give her some medicine for her cough called Corzall, tylenol and ibuprofen for fever and pain relief, Vaporub at night, nasal spray and suction all day long, and have her sleep with a cool mist humidifier. So we've done all that for about three days now and I feel so discouraged that her cough is not any better.

Although I don't understand why she's not doing better, I am so thankful to know that God is in control of this situation! He is perfect and holy and able to do anything. We keep praying that He would remove this virus from her so she can get back to her old self! Please pray that Ava gets to feeling better soon! Prayer is powerful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adley's Birth Story

I have been a little overloaded in life and let our blog go to the back burner!  But, I must write about sweet Adley's birth story just like I did with Ava and Anniston :) On June 8, after a sleepless night, Kyle and I got up and got ready to head to the hospital to meet our third precious girl.  To say I was nervous would be the biggest understatement ever.  Even though I had gone through 2 csections before, it didn't mean I wasn't scared and nervous....it's a big, scary surgery!  Mostly I was just afraid of the needle.... We arrived at the hospital, checked in, and started getting prepped for surgery.  First came the beautiful gown (I was so happy it wasn't the paper/plastic gown like I had with Anniston...I sweat to death in that gown), then came blood work and the IV, which I was not excited about....I hate needles.  And then the VERY worst part started.  Waiting.  Waiting for the magical hour of 7:30 am.  It took forever.  I was...

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

One Down, Two More to Go!

This week, we reached the second trimester of the pregnancy. I was very excited to meet this milestone for two main reasons...1st you can breathe easier because the baby will most likely be healthy and less chance of miscarriage and 2 nd there is hope that morning sickness will be gone! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't as sick as some people who throw up 3 or 4 times a day, but just about every day all day I was nauseous and queasy-I only actually got sick 3 or 4 times a week. It really is true what women say, it seriously goes away as soon as you hit the 2nd trimester! What a relief! Not too much is going on here. We are just trying to be patient and wait to find out the gender of our baby. Some days it seems like the days and weeks are flying, but then other days it seems like it is going slowly. I just can't wait to call and pray for our baby by name. On a much funnier note, I think I will now include some of the awesome advice I have recieved from my 4th grade st...