Skip to main content

Can You Hear It?

Yesterday, Kyle and I went to the doctor's office to see if we could hear the heartbeat. As soon as I got there, the receptionist said that our doctor was out delivering a baby and it would be about 30 minutes before she got back. No big deal, I just waited. Then Kyle got there about ten minutes after I did, and we waited some more. And some more. Two hours later, we were taken back to a room where we waited for about 20 more minutes. And finally the doctor was there! No complaining, she's a busy lady! And I had my best friend there to keep me company. What more could a girl ask for....except maybe a cheeseburger-I was STARVING. We were so happy when she came in. I thought I was going to jump off the table.
She started telling us about finding the heartbeat and how it could be difficult to find. She told us that if we couldn't hear it, we would schedule an ultrasound so we could SEE it. Well, as soon as she said that I started to get nervous we wouldn't hear it. (Thanks to Marley and Me, I was a nervous wreck!) She rubbed the jelly on my belly and we sat quietly listening. She kept moving the wand across my belly and we couldn't hear anything. I was really starting to panic. I just kept praying "Please let me hear this baby, please let me hear this baby." The doctor kept saying "It's hard to find, it's like looking for a pea in a swimming pool." Still nothing. What was probably only two or three minutes of quiet seemed like days. And finally, we heard it. 165-170 beats a minute. The most amazing sound I have ever heard....our baby's heartbeat. It literally took my breath away. I was speechless and teary eyed. I was so shocked I couldn't even cry...until we left the office. Kyle video taped a little clip of the heartbeat for us to always have. We've already watched and listened to it several times! This was one of the most exciting things I have ever heard! I just had to update everyone about our great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

One Down, Two More to Go!

This week, we reached the second trimester of the pregnancy. I was very excited to meet this milestone for two main reasons...1st you can breathe easier because the baby will most likely be healthy and less chance of miscarriage and 2 nd there is hope that morning sickness will be gone! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't as sick as some people who throw up 3 or 4 times a day, but just about every day all day I was nauseous and queasy-I only actually got sick 3 or 4 times a week. It really is true what women say, it seriously goes away as soon as you hit the 2nd trimester! What a relief! Not too much is going on here. We are just trying to be patient and wait to find out the gender of our baby. Some days it seems like the days and weeks are flying, but then other days it seems like it is going slowly. I just can't wait to call and pray for our baby by name. On a much funnier note, I think I will now include some of the awesome advice I have recieved from my 4th grade st

Baby #2 is On the Way!

Yay ! We are having another baby! This has been a terribly hard secret to keep for the past few weeks, but now we can shout it out! Yesterday we went to our first doctors appointment and then did about 6 hours of telling our huge family. Here's how our day went: Our appointment was at 9. We registered, sat down for 1 minute, and then we got called back to get the ultrasound. I had never had an ultrasound this early with Ava, so I really didn't know what to expect. The ultrasound lady just keep looking at this screen and there would be a beeping sound every so often and we were all so quiet for at least 5 minutes, it could've been an hour though. One thing I don't like is silence. And there was a lot of silence. The ultrasound tech and Kyle were both staring at the screen with straight faces, so at that point I started praying and waiting more. Finally, she turned the screen for me to see, and there it was. This tiny little baby...the head, the body, I could