Skip to main content

Now Introducing Ava Layne Brooks

Kind of fuzzy, but a great memory!
It's a Girl!!!

One of the only pictures of the cards I made!
Yesterday was a pretty big day for Kyle and I. We had our first ultrasound and found out that we are having a precious baby girl! We were so shocked when the ultrasound tech. said it was a girl because everyone had convinced us it was going to be a boy. We were shocked but so very excited.

This day was extremely emotional for me. As soon as I left school I was sobbing with joy. I just could not believe that in a few short minutes I was going to see our baby! I have honestly never been so overjoyed in all my life.

The ultrasound was so fun. I laughed and cried the whole way through it. She was bouncing all over the place. We were really hoping we would get a good view of whether or not the baby was a boy or a girl and the first thing she did when the camera was on her was show us her stuff. Then she continued to do it about 5 more times throughout the ultrasound. It was so funny! She was basically saying, "You wanted to see it.....here it is!" I am going to attempt to post the video on here so our out of town friends and family can see her for the first time. There is actually one point where she is giving a thumbs up to us! (Be patient with the video, it pauses for several seconds while he snaps a picture of her.) (By the way, I can't figure out how to put the video from DVD to the Blog, so I will have to find someone to help with that. I'll hurry I promise!)

We went to tell all of our family as soon as we could. We wanted to share the news with them in a unique way so I made some cards for each of them. The first side said Baby in silver and inside in pink letters was her monogram. We wanted to see if they could guess her name. As always, it took them quite some time to get the fact that the pink stood for a girl so that had to be explained to them, and they mostly guessed Abigail, with the exception of Allie, Anderson, Ashley, and one Abraham! Everyone loves her name and can't wait to see her.

Stay tuned for the ultrasound video...we think it is pretty awesome!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

One Down, Two More to Go!

This week, we reached the second trimester of the pregnancy. I was very excited to meet this milestone for two main reasons...1st you can breathe easier because the baby will most likely be healthy and less chance of miscarriage and 2 nd there is hope that morning sickness will be gone! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't as sick as some people who throw up 3 or 4 times a day, but just about every day all day I was nauseous and queasy-I only actually got sick 3 or 4 times a week. It really is true what women say, it seriously goes away as soon as you hit the 2nd trimester! What a relief! Not too much is going on here. We are just trying to be patient and wait to find out the gender of our baby. Some days it seems like the days and weeks are flying, but then other days it seems like it is going slowly. I just can't wait to call and pray for our baby by name. On a much funnier note, I think I will now include some of the awesome advice I have recieved from my 4th grade st

Baby #2 is On the Way!

Yay ! We are having another baby! This has been a terribly hard secret to keep for the past few weeks, but now we can shout it out! Yesterday we went to our first doctors appointment and then did about 6 hours of telling our huge family. Here's how our day went: Our appointment was at 9. We registered, sat down for 1 minute, and then we got called back to get the ultrasound. I had never had an ultrasound this early with Ava, so I really didn't know what to expect. The ultrasound lady just keep looking at this screen and there would be a beeping sound every so often and we were all so quiet for at least 5 minutes, it could've been an hour though. One thing I don't like is silence. And there was a lot of silence. The ultrasound tech and Kyle were both staring at the screen with straight faces, so at that point I started praying and waiting more. Finally, she turned the screen for me to see, and there it was. This tiny little baby...the head, the body, I could