Skip to main content

January's Over.....What?!?

Where has the time gone? I can not believe January is just about over. Things have been crazy busy in our home, but still great nonetheless.

Ava's getting so big! She's rolling over from back to belly and belly to back, she's playing with toys (her favorite is a monkey we named Milo), she's laughing and "talking" all the time; her personality is really starting to shine through. I can't believe our baby is going to be 4 months old in about a week. CRAZY! Other updates on our girl.....she's sleeping through the night, we were blessed that she started doing that at 6 weeks (Babywise really helped with this!) She's getting rice cereal in two bottles a day during the week and she's also taking Prevacid. Both of these are because of her horrible reflux. They seem to be helping quite a bit. She spends the weekdays with our wonderful babysitter here at home and they love each other! In March she'll start going to daycare. I am a little nervous about how that will go, but Ava's adapts well to change after a couple of days, so hopefully it won't be a tough transition for her.

Kyle and I picked up with leading our small group again. I don't know where we'd be without this group of fellow believers. God has truly blessed our lives with great Christian friends. We also started going back to Sunday School again. Our Sunday mornings feel like a marathon. We start out going to the 8:00 service and we take Ava to church with us. After the service, we come home and feed her and then she's ready for a nap. Around 10:30 one of our awesome family members comes over for an hour or so while we go to the 11:00 Sunday School. With it being flu and RSV season, we're just not ready for her to start going to the nursery at church yet. We're grateful for our family who wants to take care of her so we can go back to church. After Sunday School, our marathon is complete. People look at us with puzzled expressions on Sunday morning and ask us where Ava's at, or why we come back two times.....that's why. :) Kyle's also started going back to choir. Last week was his first week back and he was so glad to be back.

Work is good for both Kyle and I. We both book it home as soon as that bell rings so we can get home to Ava and one another. We wish there was more time for family time. There is nothing better than when the three of us spending quality time together!

I started my WKU class last week. It's an LME class and it's a lot of work. I just hope I can make it through. My plan is to take a class or two this summer. I am so ready to be done with my Masters. I didn't realize how much time it would take....but oh well...it's gotta be done.

I also started going to a Bible study on Thursday nights at church with my great friend, Lindsey. God is really working on my heart and teaching me so much through this study. I am so thankful that our church has a great women's ministry where I can connect with other Christian ladies and learn more about Him. If you're looking for a new study, I highly recommend Beth Moore's Breaking Free.

I'm trying to think if there's anything else I can update you on, but I think that's about it. I promise I won't wait so long for the next post! Below is a video from when Ava was really tiny and first started using her voice. Enjoy the video and if you want to see pictures, check out Facebook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

One Down, Two More to Go!

This week, we reached the second trimester of the pregnancy. I was very excited to meet this milestone for two main reasons...1st you can breathe easier because the baby will most likely be healthy and less chance of miscarriage and 2 nd there is hope that morning sickness will be gone! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't as sick as some people who throw up 3 or 4 times a day, but just about every day all day I was nauseous and queasy-I only actually got sick 3 or 4 times a week. It really is true what women say, it seriously goes away as soon as you hit the 2nd trimester! What a relief! Not too much is going on here. We are just trying to be patient and wait to find out the gender of our baby. Some days it seems like the days and weeks are flying, but then other days it seems like it is going slowly. I just can't wait to call and pray for our baby by name. On a much funnier note, I think I will now include some of the awesome advice I have recieved from my 4th grade st

Baby #2 is On the Way!

Yay ! We are having another baby! This has been a terribly hard secret to keep for the past few weeks, but now we can shout it out! Yesterday we went to our first doctors appointment and then did about 6 hours of telling our huge family. Here's how our day went: Our appointment was at 9. We registered, sat down for 1 minute, and then we got called back to get the ultrasound. I had never had an ultrasound this early with Ava, so I really didn't know what to expect. The ultrasound lady just keep looking at this screen and there would be a beeping sound every so often and we were all so quiet for at least 5 minutes, it could've been an hour though. One thing I don't like is silence. And there was a lot of silence. The ultrasound tech and Kyle were both staring at the screen with straight faces, so at that point I started praying and waiting more. Finally, she turned the screen for me to see, and there it was. This tiny little baby...the head, the body, I could