Skip to main content

Mother's Day


This was my first Mother's Day where I could hold our daughter and kiss her and hug her. Of course last year we celebrated, but I guess this was our first "official" one. And was it a special day! Not only was it Mother's Day, it was baby dedication day at church as well. With it being so busy the morning of Mother's Day, we forgot to take tons of pictures of Ava and I. I'm pretty bummed about it, but I know my memories won't fade away. Let me tell you about my first official Mother's Day!
The morning started off with a hungry baby that needed to be fed. I fed Ava her milk and rice cereal and then we started the celebration. Kyle made me sit in the living room while he prepared the gifts. I heard him going from one room to the next, opening and shutting doors, and muttering to himself. Finally, he told me I could come in the kitchen where an adorable green flower pot waited for me. It wasn't just a flower pot, it was a flower pot with seeds and soil to grow my very own sweet pea in. It was Ava's gift to me. I lifted up the heavy pot and underneath was a slip of paper that read:
Clue 1: Roses are red, violets are blue, somewhere cold another clue is waiting for you. (I had heard Kyle open the freezer, so I checked there! Giggling I opened the freezer and read clue 2.
Clue 2: Roses are red, flowers are sometimes green, look somewhere where you keep your mouth really clean...(Checked my toothpaste/toothbrush drawer and there was an envelope that had a gift certificate in it to get my nails done at my favorite nail salon! And underneath the envelope was Clue 3.)
Clue 3: Roses are red, flowers do not bring gloom. Go to the place where clothes sometimes sit. Possibly the Laundry Room? (In the washer was clue 4)
Clue 4: Roses are red, flowers can sometimes be cut with an axe, go to the place where you can relax.
At this point I searched the bedroom, followed by the living room, followed by the office. Could not find the next clue! I searched for what seemed days and then I thought, "the bathroom?" Sure enough, the clue was in the bathroom (in the bathtub). But it really wasn't a clue at all! It was a silver box with a gift certificate for an hour long massage at SunSuites and a sweet little note from Kyle and Ava. I could not have asked for anything more. My husband (and daughter) is so thoughtful and sweet. He always puts so much thought into my gifts. My back has been killing me for weeks and he knew I would enjoy a day of pampering. I love him and I love Ava too! They make my life so wonderful! I am so thankful for the blessing God has given me.

Oh wait! Baby dedication went great! Ava did not cry or fuss. She just looked like a little lady and was beautiful throughout the whole thing. Here's a picture of our family + our pastor on Baby Dedication Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adley's Birth Story

I have been a little overloaded in life and let our blog go to the back burner!  But, I must write about sweet Adley's birth story just like I did with Ava and Anniston :) On June 8, after a sleepless night, Kyle and I got up and got ready to head to the hospital to meet our third precious girl.  To say I was nervous would be the biggest understatement ever.  Even though I had gone through 2 csections before, it didn't mean I wasn't scared and nervous....it's a big, scary surgery!  Mostly I was just afraid of the needle.... We arrived at the hospital, checked in, and started getting prepped for surgery.  First came the beautiful gown (I was so happy it wasn't the paper/plastic gown like I had with Anniston...I sweat to death in that gown), then came blood work and the IV, which I was not excited about....I hate needles.  And then the VERY worst part started.  Waiting.  Waiting for the magical hour of 7:30 am.  It took forever.  I was...

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

The Week is Here!

We can't believe this is the week we will see our daughter. Some of you may be thinking, "What? How do you know? Your due date isn't even until next week!" Well, let me update those of you who may be thinking this. Last week, on Wednesday, we went to the doctor, hoping and praying that my body would be showing some progress towards having a baby. The doctor checked and informed us that the baby is still kinda high, and that I'm not 1 cm dilated, but I'm not 0 cm either. So she told us it was time to make a plan. Here's what she came up with. She said that if I am dilated 2-3 cm by this Wednesday, then she'll send me over to the hospital right then and start inducing me. But, if I'm not 2-3 cm then the following day, Thursday, she would do a c-section. She knew we were going to be on Fall Break and that we'd love to spend a couple of free extra days off with Ava so she said we could do it this week. She's going out of town on Fri...