Skip to main content

Our Mini Vacation








Kyle and I are so blessed to be teachers and get the opportunity to have breaks from our jobs throughout the year. We decided that for this Spring Break we would take a mini vacation to Nashville to take Ava to the zoo, and go shopping at some great places!


We had a blast! We stayed in the airport area and took little trips all around Nashville. We left on Sunday after church and headed out to the zoo. We had a good time, but boy was it hot! Ava enjoyed it, but I think as she gets older she will like it even more! We saw the elephants and girraffes, exotic birds and apes, tigers and alligators! Oh My! While we were looking at the anteaters, Kyle heard a rustling in the trees and lo and behold there was a real life snake hanging right next to his head! Kyle's #1 fear is snakes and I thought he might pass out, but he didn't! He just walked away really, really fast! We told some park employees, but they said they weren't going to do anything about it. Scary!


That evening, we went for a swim in the indoor pool, and decided to get something to eat and bring it back to the hotel so we could rest. We decided on Chinese food, which wasn't too great, and went back to eat. We sat on the bed eating our food, and somehow.....Kyle spilled the sweet and sour sauce all in the sheets! That was gross! I asked the lady at the front desk for extra sheets and we changed those and got back to eating. At that moment, our lamp light started flickering and the alarm clock wouldn't stay set. So, after we made this huge mess, we got moved to a different room! Ava slept better that night than she has in a long time and we were so glad because she's been teething and not sleeping very well lately.


The next day, we loaded up in the van and headed to the Lebanon Outlet Mall. It was a very, very windy day. We hung out outside while the shops were getting ready to open, and then the shopping began. Of course, just about everything we bought was for Ava with the exception of 8 cookie cutters, and a pair of shoes for Kyle. When we were done at the outlet mall, I suggested we find a Ross store nearby and see if we could find any deals. We went down to Mt. Juliet and shopped for a while at the Ross store. While I was trying on a huge load of clothes, a tornado warning started up and everyone was told to go to the back of the store. People were pretty scared, but I was just excited because a.) I was finding lots of clothes on sale that actually fit, and b.) Ava was sleeping so I got to try things on at a normal pace! I ended up with several things and a really cute pair of shorts for Ava.


We went to the Old Spaghetti Factory that night for dinner....which is always really good and then headed back to the hotel for some play time and bed time. Ava refused to sleep in her pack and play so she slept with us for the first time. It was not a good nights sleep that night. We frequently got kicked in the face and elbowed, and it seemed like she cried out in her sleep every 15 minutes.


On Tuesday we ate breakfast, swam, got cleaned up, and headed to Rivergate for just a smidge more shopping, and then headed home.


It was a great little trip! It amazes me how much fun I can have with Kyle and Ava. I love, love, love our family time and would not trade it for anything in the world! Being a wife and mother is the greatest!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

One Down, Two More to Go!

This week, we reached the second trimester of the pregnancy. I was very excited to meet this milestone for two main reasons...1st you can breathe easier because the baby will most likely be healthy and less chance of miscarriage and 2 nd there is hope that morning sickness will be gone! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't as sick as some people who throw up 3 or 4 times a day, but just about every day all day I was nauseous and queasy-I only actually got sick 3 or 4 times a week. It really is true what women say, it seriously goes away as soon as you hit the 2nd trimester! What a relief! Not too much is going on here. We are just trying to be patient and wait to find out the gender of our baby. Some days it seems like the days and weeks are flying, but then other days it seems like it is going slowly. I just can't wait to call and pray for our baby by name. On a much funnier note, I think I will now include some of the awesome advice I have recieved from my 4th grade st

Baby #2 is On the Way!

Yay ! We are having another baby! This has been a terribly hard secret to keep for the past few weeks, but now we can shout it out! Yesterday we went to our first doctors appointment and then did about 6 hours of telling our huge family. Here's how our day went: Our appointment was at 9. We registered, sat down for 1 minute, and then we got called back to get the ultrasound. I had never had an ultrasound this early with Ava, so I really didn't know what to expect. The ultrasound lady just keep looking at this screen and there would be a beeping sound every so often and we were all so quiet for at least 5 minutes, it could've been an hour though. One thing I don't like is silence. And there was a lot of silence. The ultrasound tech and Kyle were both staring at the screen with straight faces, so at that point I started praying and waiting more. Finally, she turned the screen for me to see, and there it was. This tiny little baby...the head, the body, I could