Skip to main content

Super Husband



I just have to take a moment to brag on my husband. He's really great and deserves to hear about it every now and then! ;)

Ok. So, the past few weeks have been some of the hardest in my entire life. I have totally been knocked off my feet with this job loss junk. It really stunk to tell him about it all, to see him upset (not at me...I didn't do anything wrong!), sad, worried, and out of it (literally). This is how we both felt three Friday's ago. It was like the life had been sucked out of us. We were both really mad and really upset. We would go from crying to staring at each other, and then we'd go back to crying and then staring again. We were both very weak for about a full week.

But....we have slowly picked ourselves up off the ground, and are moving on. It's ok to be upset about a life changing event like this. However, we have learned that moping around doesn't make us feel any better and it definitely does not make our situation change. It's time to move on.

Kyle has been amazing through all of this. I truly think God is using this situation as a time for learning and growing in Christ. I know that this is another thing to add to my testimony, and I know the Lord has a plan for this.

Back to Kyle. He's been the rock I've needed him to be through all of this. He's let me cry, let me yell, let me sit and be quiet. He's done more than his share of laundry, dishes, cleaning, baby caring. He's let me sleep at the most random times. (I actually fell asleep for some reason yesterday and Ava was sitting on top of me and pulling at my hair and I didn't even notice. I have never, ever been so tired in all my life.) He's been so encouraging and motivating and has helped me with figuring out insurance information and application information. He's called the board to ask questions that I simply could not understand. He's picked up Ava when I have needed to run and get things done after school. He's been so loving and such a good husband.

I'm not saying things have been perfect. I'm not saying that this messy ordeal has not caused arguing and bad moods. But what I am saying is that I am so blessed to have married this man. I am so excited to see what the Lord has in store for us next.

I love you, Kyle. I am honored that you chose me to share your life with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

One Down, Two More to Go!

This week, we reached the second trimester of the pregnancy. I was very excited to meet this milestone for two main reasons...1st you can breathe easier because the baby will most likely be healthy and less chance of miscarriage and 2 nd there is hope that morning sickness will be gone! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't as sick as some people who throw up 3 or 4 times a day, but just about every day all day I was nauseous and queasy-I only actually got sick 3 or 4 times a week. It really is true what women say, it seriously goes away as soon as you hit the 2nd trimester! What a relief! Not too much is going on here. We are just trying to be patient and wait to find out the gender of our baby. Some days it seems like the days and weeks are flying, but then other days it seems like it is going slowly. I just can't wait to call and pray for our baby by name. On a much funnier note, I think I will now include some of the awesome advice I have recieved from my 4th grade st

Baby #2 is On the Way!

Yay ! We are having another baby! This has been a terribly hard secret to keep for the past few weeks, but now we can shout it out! Yesterday we went to our first doctors appointment and then did about 6 hours of telling our huge family. Here's how our day went: Our appointment was at 9. We registered, sat down for 1 minute, and then we got called back to get the ultrasound. I had never had an ultrasound this early with Ava, so I really didn't know what to expect. The ultrasound lady just keep looking at this screen and there would be a beeping sound every so often and we were all so quiet for at least 5 minutes, it could've been an hour though. One thing I don't like is silence. And there was a lot of silence. The ultrasound tech and Kyle were both staring at the screen with straight faces, so at that point I started praying and waiting more. Finally, she turned the screen for me to see, and there it was. This tiny little baby...the head, the body, I could