Skip to main content

God's Promises

I am so thankful to have an Almighty Father who has made promises that will never be broken. I've been reflecting on some of these verses and have found them so encouraging during this time of trouble. Yesterday, our pastor said that there are mountains and there are valleys in our life. When life is good, that's when you're on the mountain, and when life gets tough, that's when you're in a valley. The good thing about both the mountains and valleys, is that God is in both of them. You just have to seek him.

I wanted to share some of God's promises with you. Perhaps you are in the valley as well. I pray that these will encourage you and help you to persevere through whatever journey you're on in your life.
  • *Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever. (Psalm 23:6) (I read a paraphrase of this verse online and it said "My goodness and mercy will chase after you all your life. I thought this was just beautiful).
  • *You, Lord, will keep the needy safe and protect us forever from the wicked, (Psalm 12:7 NIV) I love how this points out how He will keep me safe and protect me forever.
  • *I can do all things through him who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13 ESV)
  • *Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6 NIV)
  • *God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.(Psalm 46:1 NIV)
  • *Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. (Romans 8:26 ESV) How many times have we been longing to pray but can't find the words? I'm so thankful for the Holy Spirit.
  • *The LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; (Numbers 6:25 ESV)
  • *Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.(Psalm 139:7-10 NIV) I am so comforted by this. So thankful that I am never, ever be away from God!
  • *“I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. (John 16:12-13 NIV) Once again, so thankful for the Holy Spirit who intercedes for me!
I hope you have taken the time to read these promises! Our God is so good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

One Down, Two More to Go!

This week, we reached the second trimester of the pregnancy. I was very excited to meet this milestone for two main reasons...1st you can breathe easier because the baby will most likely be healthy and less chance of miscarriage and 2 nd there is hope that morning sickness will be gone! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't as sick as some people who throw up 3 or 4 times a day, but just about every day all day I was nauseous and queasy-I only actually got sick 3 or 4 times a week. It really is true what women say, it seriously goes away as soon as you hit the 2nd trimester! What a relief! Not too much is going on here. We are just trying to be patient and wait to find out the gender of our baby. Some days it seems like the days and weeks are flying, but then other days it seems like it is going slowly. I just can't wait to call and pray for our baby by name. On a much funnier note, I think I will now include some of the awesome advice I have recieved from my 4th grade st

Baby #2 is On the Way!

Yay ! We are having another baby! This has been a terribly hard secret to keep for the past few weeks, but now we can shout it out! Yesterday we went to our first doctors appointment and then did about 6 hours of telling our huge family. Here's how our day went: Our appointment was at 9. We registered, sat down for 1 minute, and then we got called back to get the ultrasound. I had never had an ultrasound this early with Ava, so I really didn't know what to expect. The ultrasound lady just keep looking at this screen and there would be a beeping sound every so often and we were all so quiet for at least 5 minutes, it could've been an hour though. One thing I don't like is silence. And there was a lot of silence. The ultrasound tech and Kyle were both staring at the screen with straight faces, so at that point I started praying and waiting more. Finally, she turned the screen for me to see, and there it was. This tiny little baby...the head, the body, I could