Skip to main content

Almost Done....And Just Gettin' Started

I'm almost done with my Masters! I have a one hour course that I will be taking later on this month and my comprehensive exams in March and then I AM DONE!

Excitement does not even begin to describe my feelings about finishing my classes. I have a huge sense of relief and accomplishment when I think about how close I am to being done. And then there's a hint of nervousness when I think about taking these exams in March. I don't know what to expect, but I'm hoping that with everything I have learned, along with my teaching experience from the last 4.5 years I will be able to pass! I am really looking forward to not having to worry about homework and grading papers on top of my number one priorities-being a wife and mommy! I wonder if I will get bored? I doubt it! I'm looking forward to getting to do some of my hobbies again!

As you notice from the title of this post, I haven't explained the "Just Gettin' Started" part yet. Time to explain. Kyle started his masters classes. It's weird that our roles have reversed now! He really had to kick it into high gear because he had to be halfway done by the end of his fifth year of teaching (which is next year!).

I'm trying to really help out with things as much as possible now that he has started his classes. Two nights a week he has to have a live chat with his classmates and teachers. These chats last about an hour and a half. He has lots of quizzes to do and a lot of reading as well. I try to get him to go to another room after we eat dinner and I clean up and take care of getting Ava bathed and ready for bed. It is a good system, but I already hate how it takes away from our family time. I know it's gotta happen, and at least he is home with us instead of on campus late at night. He's taken a couple of quizzes so far and I'm really proud of his grades!

Kyle is going through the University of the Cumberlands for his masters. He is getting a Masters in Special Education. I really like this college because it is over half the cost of mine at WKU. He can take 2 classes each bi-term, so he's getting 4 classes in each semester! At that rate, he will be done before we know it! I can't wait for him to finish already!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

One Down, Two More to Go!

This week, we reached the second trimester of the pregnancy. I was very excited to meet this milestone for two main reasons...1st you can breathe easier because the baby will most likely be healthy and less chance of miscarriage and 2 nd there is hope that morning sickness will be gone! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't as sick as some people who throw up 3 or 4 times a day, but just about every day all day I was nauseous and queasy-I only actually got sick 3 or 4 times a week. It really is true what women say, it seriously goes away as soon as you hit the 2nd trimester! What a relief! Not too much is going on here. We are just trying to be patient and wait to find out the gender of our baby. Some days it seems like the days and weeks are flying, but then other days it seems like it is going slowly. I just can't wait to call and pray for our baby by name. On a much funnier note, I think I will now include some of the awesome advice I have recieved from my 4th grade st

Baby #2 is On the Way!

Yay ! We are having another baby! This has been a terribly hard secret to keep for the past few weeks, but now we can shout it out! Yesterday we went to our first doctors appointment and then did about 6 hours of telling our huge family. Here's how our day went: Our appointment was at 9. We registered, sat down for 1 minute, and then we got called back to get the ultrasound. I had never had an ultrasound this early with Ava, so I really didn't know what to expect. The ultrasound lady just keep looking at this screen and there would be a beeping sound every so often and we were all so quiet for at least 5 minutes, it could've been an hour though. One thing I don't like is silence. And there was a lot of silence. The ultrasound tech and Kyle were both staring at the screen with straight faces, so at that point I started praying and waiting more. Finally, she turned the screen for me to see, and there it was. This tiny little baby...the head, the body, I could