Skip to main content

Another Baby Girl!

That's right!  We are having another precious baby girl!  We are so excited!  Yesterday we went to have a 15 week 3D/4D ultrasound to determine the sex of our baby.  I felt in my heart that it would be another girl, based on the heart rate at our last two appointments, Ava was for sure that it would be a girl, and Kyle didn't really have any predictions.  We spent a good chunk of our Saturday morning watching our precious new baby inside my womb.  It was truly amazing!    She stayed in the same position the entire time we watched her...lounging away comfortably.  She is already a thumb sucker...she kept putting her thumb in her mouth throughout the entire ultrasound.  She also loves hanging on to the placenta that's floating around in there with her.  She held on to it with one arm and her hand was either by her mouth or in her mouth for the rest of the time.  This is totally unlike Ava when she was in the womb.  Ava was a crazy girl, flipping and flopping all around!




We had our baby's beautiful name already picked out.  Anniston Leigh Brooks.  We are so glad that we can talk about her and pray for her by name now.

Our afternoon consisted of telling the family what we were having and what the name would be.  My sister came up with a fun idea for a gender reveal party, so we had to tell her before that began.  We filled up a black balloon with pink confetti and let her pop it.  She was ecstatic!  We let Ava do the same thing with a balloon and she was happy, but it was no big surprise to her that she would be having a baby sister, she's basically known since day one.  The family came over and we divided them into four teams.  Each team had to put together a white puzzle that would reveal the name of the baby.  The team that finished first got to shout out the name for the rest of the family.  This was such a fun way to tell everyone!  After we shared the big news, we all came in and watched the DVD of the ultrasound and had some refreshments.  It was such a fun day!  Everyone is SO excited to welcome sweet Anniston to our family in November!














Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

One Down, Two More to Go!

This week, we reached the second trimester of the pregnancy. I was very excited to meet this milestone for two main reasons...1st you can breathe easier because the baby will most likely be healthy and less chance of miscarriage and 2 nd there is hope that morning sickness will be gone! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't as sick as some people who throw up 3 or 4 times a day, but just about every day all day I was nauseous and queasy-I only actually got sick 3 or 4 times a week. It really is true what women say, it seriously goes away as soon as you hit the 2nd trimester! What a relief! Not too much is going on here. We are just trying to be patient and wait to find out the gender of our baby. Some days it seems like the days and weeks are flying, but then other days it seems like it is going slowly. I just can't wait to call and pray for our baby by name. On a much funnier note, I think I will now include some of the awesome advice I have recieved from my 4th grade st

Baby #2 is On the Way!

Yay ! We are having another baby! This has been a terribly hard secret to keep for the past few weeks, but now we can shout it out! Yesterday we went to our first doctors appointment and then did about 6 hours of telling our huge family. Here's how our day went: Our appointment was at 9. We registered, sat down for 1 minute, and then we got called back to get the ultrasound. I had never had an ultrasound this early with Ava, so I really didn't know what to expect. The ultrasound lady just keep looking at this screen and there would be a beeping sound every so often and we were all so quiet for at least 5 minutes, it could've been an hour though. One thing I don't like is silence. And there was a lot of silence. The ultrasound tech and Kyle were both staring at the screen with straight faces, so at that point I started praying and waiting more. Finally, she turned the screen for me to see, and there it was. This tiny little baby...the head, the body, I could