Skip to main content

Germaphobia

Let me start off by saying that I was never the kind of kid that especially liked to get dirty.  Lots of things grossed me out as a child and I gagged over things...a lot.  I remember crying over our worm lesson in 3rd grade.  They made us take a worm, touch it with our hands/fingers, and measure it on a ruler.  Do you know how hard this was for me?  Worms are A) disgusting and B) most likely carrying many diseases.  As I have gotten older, and especially since becoming a mom....things have started to bother me more and more.  One of those things being....germs.

I cannot turn off my mind when it comes to germs.  It's really bad when we are out in public.  I have decided to create a not-so-short list of all the things that I have germ issues with and I'd like to see if I'm the only one out there with this problem or not.

Here goes my list:

1.  Ketchup/Condiments that are on the tables at restaurants for everyone to use.  (Do you think they sanitize those?)

2.  People who spit.  Especially tobacco, but really any kind of spitting makes me sick.

3.  Nose Blowing.  Especially at the dinner table or in the kitchen area.  Any time you need to blow your nose you should totally go into the bathroom, shut the door, and run the sink.  No one likes to hear all that racket.

4.  Stray hairs on surfaces.

5.  Used bandaids that haven't been disposed of properly.

6.  Wads of toilet paper in bathrooms.  Those get me every time.

7.  Parents who put their kids pacis in their own mouths.  (Not sooo gross, but they just look silly.  There's no reason for that at all. Hope I'm not offending anyone.)

8.  Serving utensils at buffets.

9.  Child potties that you have to empty and clean.  Gag.

10.  Sharing water with someone else.  Cokes, lemonade, tea, etc. don't bother me for some reason.

11.  Dropping something on a table at a restaurant or other public place and then eating it.

12.  When people put their hands in their mouths.  Whether it is to pick at their teeth or bite their nails....it's all just gross.

13.  Purses on tables.  (This comes from my granny.)  The bottoms of your purse is apparently the germiest place on earth (ok...not really, but some study has been done about it).  So then when I see purses on a table that you're gonna eat off of, it really sicks me out.  Don't do that anymore people!

14.  Shaking hands with people.  You don't know where their hands have been.  They could have just coughed in their hand or picked their nose.  Nasty.  I always have hand sanitizer in my purse for situations like this.

I thought my list was going to be a lot longer.  I guess I'm not as bad as I thought!  Just kidding, I know it's bad, and there are probably hundreds of other things I can add to my list.  Why don't you share some of yours?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

One Down, Two More to Go!

This week, we reached the second trimester of the pregnancy. I was very excited to meet this milestone for two main reasons...1st you can breathe easier because the baby will most likely be healthy and less chance of miscarriage and 2 nd there is hope that morning sickness will be gone! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't as sick as some people who throw up 3 or 4 times a day, but just about every day all day I was nauseous and queasy-I only actually got sick 3 or 4 times a week. It really is true what women say, it seriously goes away as soon as you hit the 2nd trimester! What a relief! Not too much is going on here. We are just trying to be patient and wait to find out the gender of our baby. Some days it seems like the days and weeks are flying, but then other days it seems like it is going slowly. I just can't wait to call and pray for our baby by name. On a much funnier note, I think I will now include some of the awesome advice I have recieved from my 4th grade st

Baby #2 is On the Way!

Yay ! We are having another baby! This has been a terribly hard secret to keep for the past few weeks, but now we can shout it out! Yesterday we went to our first doctors appointment and then did about 6 hours of telling our huge family. Here's how our day went: Our appointment was at 9. We registered, sat down for 1 minute, and then we got called back to get the ultrasound. I had never had an ultrasound this early with Ava, so I really didn't know what to expect. The ultrasound lady just keep looking at this screen and there would be a beeping sound every so often and we were all so quiet for at least 5 minutes, it could've been an hour though. One thing I don't like is silence. And there was a lot of silence. The ultrasound tech and Kyle were both staring at the screen with straight faces, so at that point I started praying and waiting more. Finally, she turned the screen for me to see, and there it was. This tiny little baby...the head, the body, I could