Skip to main content

Not Enough...

Baby Girl is 13 weeks now, Ava is loving every second of Kindergarten, and Anniston is learning how to be the Big Girl of the house during the days while mommy is taking care of the baby and all our buddies. 

This marks my 4th week back to work and I feel like I am still waiting for everything to start feeling normal. I've got my routine together for the daytime while I'm watching the kids and for the most part things are running smoothly....but I feel like I am being attacked by negative thoughts telling me "you are not enough..."  I know this is Satan and that he is trying to get me when I'm down, but let's just be real....it stinks! 


I know that the ONLY thing that can help me overcome my feelings of being insufficient is God.  Relying on Him in all circumstances is the only thing I can do. I need Him more than anything else right now....I just gotta figure out how and when to spend time with Him.  It's difficult, if I'm being honest.....I've made efforts to spend time with Him first thing in the morning....but it never fails that I will be accompanied by one of the girls...which means there is a lack of focus.  I've tried having my quiet time at night before bed, but that would lead to me falling asleep....or rushing through things so I can fall asleep.  I found that at one point nap time was the perfect time for me to have my time with God, but now it isn't working because the baby is awake and needs to be taken care of.

I know this is just a season, and I am cherishing the little things because I know it goes way too fast....but I have just GOT to figure out when I can have my time alone with God.  Anyone have a magic answer?






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

One Down, Two More to Go!

This week, we reached the second trimester of the pregnancy. I was very excited to meet this milestone for two main reasons...1st you can breathe easier because the baby will most likely be healthy and less chance of miscarriage and 2 nd there is hope that morning sickness will be gone! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't as sick as some people who throw up 3 or 4 times a day, but just about every day all day I was nauseous and queasy-I only actually got sick 3 or 4 times a week. It really is true what women say, it seriously goes away as soon as you hit the 2nd trimester! What a relief! Not too much is going on here. We are just trying to be patient and wait to find out the gender of our baby. Some days it seems like the days and weeks are flying, but then other days it seems like it is going slowly. I just can't wait to call and pray for our baby by name. On a much funnier note, I think I will now include some of the awesome advice I have recieved from my 4th grade st

Baby #2 is On the Way!

Yay ! We are having another baby! This has been a terribly hard secret to keep for the past few weeks, but now we can shout it out! Yesterday we went to our first doctors appointment and then did about 6 hours of telling our huge family. Here's how our day went: Our appointment was at 9. We registered, sat down for 1 minute, and then we got called back to get the ultrasound. I had never had an ultrasound this early with Ava, so I really didn't know what to expect. The ultrasound lady just keep looking at this screen and there would be a beeping sound every so often and we were all so quiet for at least 5 minutes, it could've been an hour though. One thing I don't like is silence. And there was a lot of silence. The ultrasound tech and Kyle were both staring at the screen with straight faces, so at that point I started praying and waiting more. Finally, she turned the screen for me to see, and there it was. This tiny little baby...the head, the body, I could