Skip to main content

People Pleasing Problem

One of my biggest faults is that I'm a people pleaser through and through. People pleasing sounds nice, doesn't it? I'm telling you....it's not! It is a curse and I think it stems from the devil!

I think the root of the problem comes from pride. I wanna make sure to please people so that I look good. I wanna make sure everyone likes me and likes what I'm doing and everything is happy, happy, joy, joy. Except.....all that is work. Hard work. It is an impossible task that leaves me awake at all hours during the night wondering how I'm am being perceived by everyone around me. People pleasing takes time, yall. It robs me of my precious time. Instead of stewing on people pleasing thoughts....I could be spending that time in the Word (remember how I recently posted how I'm having difficulty finding focused and intentional time with God? If I worried less about people pleasing, I'd have more time with God!) I could be spending that "worry time" having meaningful conversations with Kyle. I could be spending that time actually playing with my girls instead of having my thoughts clouded with anxiety.  I could be doing something to strengthen my body so that I can live a healthier life and feel good physically, mentally, and emotionally.

People pleasing is a THIEF!

I need to come to the realization that no matter what I do, or how much I worry....I will not be able to make everyone happy. There's only ONE person in this world that can do that, and that is my awesome God! I'm so blessed to call Him my Father. It's time for me to let go of this horrible problem and set my sights on pleasing my Maker!

Time to get started in not being a people pleaser!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

One Down, Two More to Go!

This week, we reached the second trimester of the pregnancy. I was very excited to meet this milestone for two main reasons...1st you can breathe easier because the baby will most likely be healthy and less chance of miscarriage and 2 nd there is hope that morning sickness will be gone! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't as sick as some people who throw up 3 or 4 times a day, but just about every day all day I was nauseous and queasy-I only actually got sick 3 or 4 times a week. It really is true what women say, it seriously goes away as soon as you hit the 2nd trimester! What a relief! Not too much is going on here. We are just trying to be patient and wait to find out the gender of our baby. Some days it seems like the days and weeks are flying, but then other days it seems like it is going slowly. I just can't wait to call and pray for our baby by name. On a much funnier note, I think I will now include some of the awesome advice I have recieved from my 4th grade st

Baby #2 is On the Way!

Yay ! We are having another baby! This has been a terribly hard secret to keep for the past few weeks, but now we can shout it out! Yesterday we went to our first doctors appointment and then did about 6 hours of telling our huge family. Here's how our day went: Our appointment was at 9. We registered, sat down for 1 minute, and then we got called back to get the ultrasound. I had never had an ultrasound this early with Ava, so I really didn't know what to expect. The ultrasound lady just keep looking at this screen and there would be a beeping sound every so often and we were all so quiet for at least 5 minutes, it could've been an hour though. One thing I don't like is silence. And there was a lot of silence. The ultrasound tech and Kyle were both staring at the screen with straight faces, so at that point I started praying and waiting more. Finally, she turned the screen for me to see, and there it was. This tiny little baby...the head, the body, I could