Skip to main content

Potty Training in 3 Days

As most of you know, Ava's been using the potty for many months now. We wanted to take things slowly so we could get her acquainted with the potty and she's been going on it every day for a while. This week, however, was the big week! This was the week that we say bye-bye to diapers and hello to big girl panties! This was such a big step, but we were down for the challenge. We used Lora Jensen's 3 Day Potty Training Method. This lady is known as the Queen of Potty Training, and I must say, the title fits! She had five boys and she used this method with all of them and it worked like a charm! Let me tell you a little about the past few days....




Day One
Ava woke up when she was ready to, at about 7:00 (I think). We ate breakfast together and kept telling her that she was gonna have a great day and that she is such a big girl. After breakfast we got a trash bag (Kroger bag) and went on a hunt to find any kind of diaper in this house. We found them in her room and diaper bag and we threw them out. She's a big girl now, and she doesn't need diapers anymore! Then we went to the bathroom and put on her big girl panties. We told her that it'd be gross to get them wet with pee pee or dirty with poo poo and that if she needed to go potty, to tell Mommy or Daddy and we would run run run to the bathroom. If she went pee pee, she'd get a little Dora sticker and if she'd go poo poo, she'd get a big Dora Sticker. All day long we would say, "Tell mommy/daddy when you need to go potty." No kidding, I think we said that about 4 million times the first day. We were never to ask if she needed to go potty. If she had an accident we would never say No, or Bad. We could only sweetly say, "Next time tell me before you go in your panties." For this three days, you can not do anything to take your attention off of the child. You have to watch for signs of accidents. If they have an accident, you have to run them to the potty, and if they get anything in the potty, you praise praise praise them. This is a brief summary of the method. I highly suggest you get the book (it's an ebook that you can download!)

Stats for Day One:
5 pee pee accidents
No accidents during nap
Woke up the next morning a little wet but not soaking, and went potty for a long time when she woke up.

Day Two
This was a much better day. We spent a lot of time outside on the porch talking and coloring. We kept using our gentle reminders. Long day, but better.

Stats for Day Two:
1 pee pee accident
No accidents during nap
Completely dry during the night

Day Three
So far, this is by far the best day! We are going a little stir crazy staying at the house all day, but we are making it. We have taken turns running a couple of errands.

Stats for Day Three (it's only 3:00 now, but....)
1 pee pee acident
Dry for entire nap



This has been a fun time for the Brooks family. I'm not gonna lie, this is tough, but I know it's gonna be sooo worth it! Since we've been home so much with few distractions, we've have been so connected and it's really sweet! I absolutely love being a mother (and a wife, but Kyle came potty trained), and it's so fun and exciting to see how our sweet little baby is growing into such a darling little girl!

Our next big adventure.....finding a big girl bed and new furniture for her big girl room! We are thinking a really cute white twin bed and white furniture!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Lovely Baby Bump!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger each day. Even though I haven't gained any weight by the doctor's scale...it's definitely growing. There has been a request to see the baby bump, so here it is in all its glory! Enjoy! This is me today at 16 weeks.

One Down, Two More to Go!

This week, we reached the second trimester of the pregnancy. I was very excited to meet this milestone for two main reasons...1st you can breathe easier because the baby will most likely be healthy and less chance of miscarriage and 2 nd there is hope that morning sickness will be gone! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't as sick as some people who throw up 3 or 4 times a day, but just about every day all day I was nauseous and queasy-I only actually got sick 3 or 4 times a week. It really is true what women say, it seriously goes away as soon as you hit the 2nd trimester! What a relief! Not too much is going on here. We are just trying to be patient and wait to find out the gender of our baby. Some days it seems like the days and weeks are flying, but then other days it seems like it is going slowly. I just can't wait to call and pray for our baby by name. On a much funnier note, I think I will now include some of the awesome advice I have recieved from my 4th grade st

Baby #2 is On the Way!

Yay ! We are having another baby! This has been a terribly hard secret to keep for the past few weeks, but now we can shout it out! Yesterday we went to our first doctors appointment and then did about 6 hours of telling our huge family. Here's how our day went: Our appointment was at 9. We registered, sat down for 1 minute, and then we got called back to get the ultrasound. I had never had an ultrasound this early with Ava, so I really didn't know what to expect. The ultrasound lady just keep looking at this screen and there would be a beeping sound every so often and we were all so quiet for at least 5 minutes, it could've been an hour though. One thing I don't like is silence. And there was a lot of silence. The ultrasound tech and Kyle were both staring at the screen with straight faces, so at that point I started praying and waiting more. Finally, she turned the screen for me to see, and there it was. This tiny little baby...the head, the body, I could